The GPS Coupon Page is a way for businesses to reward frequent customers with incentives for repeat business. It works by reading the mobile phone’s GPS coordinates and then checks to see if they are at the same coordinates as your businesses location. When they accumulate enough check-ins they get their check-in incentive (i.e. free drinks, food, discount, etc).
You get to set how many "check-ins" are needed to unlock your incentive and how many hours before they are allowed to check in once again.
In order to add a new GPS Coupon to your app, go to Edit Pages menu then click the "+" (Add New Page) button. From the list of the page types available select the GPS Coupon and click the "Create" button.
Once the page is added, you are able to proceed with editing it.
On the right side there a list of page elements. Here you can edit and customize the GPS Coupon Page.
1) Set up the Coupon name;
2) Upload an image for the Coupon. (any customized image from resource manager or other directory);
3) Set up a start date and an end date of the Coupon. (the Coupon will be active during this period);
4) Set how many "check-ins" are needed to unlock the Coupon.
5) Set up how many hours before customers are allowed to check in once again.
6) Mark if the Coupon can be used again;
7) Make up a description of the Coupon;
8) Add locations where the customers will be able to make the check-ins;
9) Set the Latitudine and Longitudine for each locations (e.g you can take them from Google Maps).
Let's see how does it work on the device
So, there are 2 buttons, "Check In" and "How to Unlock". If you tap "How to Unlock" it will show a message telling you to tap "Check in" to unlock or get direction.
If the customer's curent location meet at least one of the locations specified in the Location details field (see field nr. 9), there will be a message : "Coupon Successfully checked GPS location" . If the locations are different then a page with Google get directions will appear.
If you seted up a start date e.g. 2012/08/29 and end date 2012/08/31, then a message "The Coupon will be valid 2012/08/29 - 2012/08/31" will show up.
If you seted up a number of hours before customers are allowed to check in once again, and they try to check in less hours that was specified (field nr. 5) then the following message will show up : "You will have access to check in this coupon in 1 hours"
Once the customer made all the check-ins, he/she may use this coupon. In order to do that he/she will need to show the coupon to the vendor and after that the Coupon will be available to use.